This Little Bag Went to Market
Introducing a fabulous bag challenge meant for spring & summer market shopping. I’ve never crocheted a bag, such as this, before. I looked at the stitches and winced with terror. Being that this is a challenge, I must push myself to learn new tricks too.
While the instructions look long and daunting, when you truly break it down it will make sense and you will be able to blaze along and possible singing Yankee Doodle.
Challenge from June 1st – June 30th, 2014 Only
Purpose for Challenge
- You will use thinner than usual yarns.
- You will learn a new concept of stitch work that appears lacy and unusual.
- You will be making something practical and useful.
- You will have a fabulous market bag at the end to show off to bring your crochet out on the town without having to wear it as a hat or scarf.
- We have a beautiful fully loaded Red Heart Bag with Crochet Crowd Gifts to award to 1 lucky winner.
- The pattern can be followed to achieve the correct size.
- The base and diameter of the bag has to be same size.
- We are willing to accept a slightly shorter bag. We will accept bags where the cross stitch appearance is a minimum of 10 rounds which will create the appearance as 5 cross stitches stacked on top of each other. The 10 rows together will appear to be about 12″ without stretching.
Tip: When posting the photo for us to see, we must be able to count the rows of the cross stitching to verify the minimum sizing has been met.
Please Read – Skein Quantity Difference in Pattern
The pattern calls for 1 ball of Luster Sheen yarn by Red Heart. In my newsletter, I requested that you get at least 3 balls of Luster Sheen. I used 2 Balls and a tad of another to complete my project. I think the packaging has changed on the yarn and my recommendation of 3 balls is based on my own findings.
Click the Pic to get the Free Pattern
Video Tutorial – Follow Along
If following my video, please follow it for instructions. My interpretation of Row 10 is slightly different from the pattern. You get the same results but if you cross compare you will be confused.
- There is no sign up required to participate. Complete the project and email your photo when you are done. This challenge is open to all Crochet Crowd Community Members. There are no restrictions of country origin associated to our challenges. If you are a member of The Crochet Crowd, you may participate.
- You may use any yarn you wish. You may substitute your yarn for any brand or colors that you desire. You may create any color scheme. Use as many or as little colours as you prefer.
- You may do as many projects as you wish. Each submitted project is considered a separate entry. If multiple entries are identical, a picture showing the projects together to prove their are multiple must be included with your submissions.
- We require your photo to show the entire project so we know the entire project is done. The project must be showing all of the project for us to count rows in the picture to ensure the projects are complete. Ensure your project is completely finished with yarn tails and etc not showing. It’s like giving it out as a gift, we want to the see the photo showing as if you were gifting us the finished product. This way we know you are completely done.
If you are changing your hook size, we are still looking for the pattern to be the same. Even though your item may be bigger or smaller, we expect the same pattern to be followed. Changing the hook size doesn’t add or take away from the work involved in the stitches.
- The projects must be the same stitching as indicated in the pattern. Do not disqualify yourself by changing the pattern stitching. Submission of a project equivalent to the project but isn’t the same will not be accepted.
- Crocheters Choice: After your pattern instructions are complete, you may add embellishments, borders and etc to the pattern to push your creativity further.
- All photos must be submitted during the challenge time frame only. Entries after this due date will be accepted for our gallery but there are no prize giveaways after the deadline.
- Your Choice: Post your finished project on The Crochet Crowd Facebook Page to show everyone your finished work so we can drool over your creativity.
- When you email your finished photo to us, we respect your privacy and will only post your first and last name on the picture in our gallery with the photo so we can identify the winner at the end.
- Featuring on Facebook is dependent on you. We do not upload your emailed photos to Facebook. You have to do that yourself if you want to Show N Tell your creativity.
- One random choice will be made at the end to select one winner. It’s a lottery system and everyone has a fair chance.
- We are not responsible for undelivered email and/or late entries to qualify for the gift bag.
- Due to the countless technology platforms and services, we are not responsible for any of our challengers if a mobile devices or technology that isn’t compliant to being able to read our website, view our videos and/or get access to the free patterns.
- Please verify your entry is in our gallery prior to our draw. We need up to 2 days to get your entry into our gallery. We upload it ourselves as part of our review process. If you do not see your entry, we most likely haven’t received your email. Do not wait until after the draw to check if your entry is in.
This is intended for a fun community challenge only. We each are deserving of the highest praise possible for our own creativity. Let’s have fun.
Submit Your Photo
Submitting for the Crochet Crowd Challenge is really easy.
Please email your photo to:
- Please use Subject Title: Challenge
- You must include your name and full mailing address to qualify.
- Attach your photo.
To avoid your email from being misdirected and hitting our junk box. You must use the Subject Title stated above. We are not responsible for emails that are misdirected as a result of a submission not following this procedure.
- Photo will be checked to verify it meets the challenge requirements.
- Posting your photos to our Facebook Wall doesn’t count as an entry. You must email it to us for us to review it and process it to our gallery.
- We will not switch the photo if you are unhappy with how it looks in the gallery, please ensure it’s the photo you definitely want featured is the only one sent.
- Your emails are kept on file for the duration of the challenge and then deleted afterwards. We do not add your email to our newsletter lists.
- We are not responsible for any emails that are not delivered to us before the due date.