Yarn Ball Wreath Challenge
Challenge Date: Nov 1 – 11:59 pm EST Dec 31st, 2014
Your mission is to create a yarn ball wreath that is a minimum of 12 inches in diameter. You can work on it by yourself and/or get your family or friends involved to make it a fun afternoon project.
The wreath has to be homemade with a theme or thought process applied to it. Minimum of 4 Wrapped Yarn Balls attached to the wreath. EI, attaching a ball to an existing wreath doesn’t qualify.
This is 100% crafting based and doesn’t require crochet skills.
One lucky person at the end, will be gifted a fully loaded Red Heart Yarn Bag with Crochet Crowd Gifts.
Each completed container is considered 1 entry. Do as many as you like. We have random draws, unless otherwise stated. It’s a lottery system and everyone has a fair chance.
If you need help with colour schemes using Super Saver Yarn, check out Diva Dan’s Trendy Colours Page for ideas. Diva Dan has over 80 different colour combinations.
Goals for This Project
- Create something unique and special that suits your own personal style.
- We encourage you to get your family involved to make a wreath together.
Guidelines for Completion – The Challenge
- Suggested Yarn is Red Heart Super Saver but you may substitute yarn to make this project. Red Heart Super Saver is known for being stiff and sturdy. The slowly transitioning yarns such as Red Heart Boutique Treasure and Red Heart Boutique Midnight are exquisite to work on.
- The wreath has to be homemade with a theme or thought process applied to it. Minimum of 4 Wrapped Yarn Balls attached to the wreath. EI, attaching a ball to an existing wreath doesn’t qualify.
- You can choose any colours you wish. You can mix and match your yarns. You are the creator.
- You can accessorize the wreath and assemble the wreath in any manner.
- Your wreath can be any shape as long as it meets the minimum of 12″ across.
- Take a picture of the wreath on a door, wall or mounted in an upright position to qualify.
Suggested List of Materials
- 4 skeins of yarn of your choice. Transitional or variegated yarns make it a lot more interesting.
- Wire wreath frame that is a minimum of 12″.
- Assorted Styrofoam balls or any balls to be able to wrap yarn around. Assorted sizes make it look a lot more interesting.
- Glue Gun
- Floral Wire
- Wire Cutters
- Ribbon or accessories to add to the wreath.
- Hairdryer (Optional to control glue gun strands)
- There is no sign up required to participate. Complete the project and submit your photo when you are done. This challenge is open to fans of The Crochet Crowd. There are no restrictions of country origin associated to our challenges.
- You may use any yarn you wish. You may substitute your yarn for any brand or colors that you desire. You may create any color scheme
- You may do as many projects as you wish. Each submitted project is considered a separate entry. If multiple entries are identical, a picture showing the projects together to prove their are multiple must be included with your submissions.
- We require your photo to show the entire project so we know the entire project is done. The project photo must be showing all of the project for us to examine it’s completion. Ensure your project is completely finished with yarn tails and etc not showing. It’s like giving it out as a gift, we want to the see the photo showing as if you were gifting us the finished product. We will then know you are completely done.
This is intended for a fun community challenge only. We each are deserving of the highest praise possible for our own creativity. Let’s have fun.
How to Submit Your Photo
Submitting for the Crochet Crowd Challenge is really easy.
Please email your photo to:
- Please use Subject Title: Wreath
- You must include your name and full mailing address to qualify.
- Attach your photo(s).
If you have forgotten to include your name and address in your email and have to resend, you must send in your photo again with your new email.
Give us a 3 day window to review and enter your photo into our challenge. Do not resubmit. We do not acknowledge the arrivals of each email, but you may check our assigned gallery for this draw to ensure we have received it. The galleries are in alphabetical order by the assigned name you gave us.
To avoid your email from being misdirected and hitting our junk box. You must use the subject title. We are not responsible for emails that are misdirected as a result of a submission not following this procedure. To protect our servers, we delete any emails that arrive that have no subject title to prevent malware and virus programs from our systems.
View Received Submissions from Fans
- Photo will be checked to verify it meets the challenge requirements.
- All photos must be submitted during the challenge time frame only to be eligible for the prize giveaways. Entries after this due date will be accepted for our gallery but there are no prize giveaways after the deadline. We are firm on deadlines and do not offer extensions to be fair to everyone who has submitted on time.
- When you email your finished photo to us, we respect your privacy and will only post your first and last name on the picture in our gallery with the photo so we can identify the winner at the end.
- Posting your photos to our Facebook Wall doesn’t count as an entry. You must send it to us in the form above for us to review.
- We will not switch the photo if you are unhappy with how it looks in the gallery, please ensure it’s the photo you definitely want featured is the only one sent.
- Your emails are kept on file for the duration of the challenge and then deleted afterwards. We do not add your email to our newsletter lists.
- Due to the countless technology platforms and services, we are not responsible for any of our challengers if a mobile devices or technology that isn’t compliant to being able to read our website, view our videos and/or get access to the free patterns.
- Please verify your entry is in our gallery prior to our draw. We need up to 2 days to get your entry into our gallery. We upload it ourselves as part of our review process. If you do not see your entry, we most likely haven’t received your email. Do not wait until after the draw to check if your entry is in.
- We are not responsible for any emails that are not delivered to us before the due date.
Show’n Tell on Facebook
- Show’n Tell: Post your finished project on The Crochet Crowd Facebook Page to show everyone your finished work so we can drool over your creativity.
- Featuring on Facebook is dependent on you. We do not upload your emailed photos to Facebook. You have to do that yourself if you want to Show N Tell your creativity.